We meet on:
The second Tuesday of every month, 7:30pm to 9pm
Drake House, 44 St. George’s Road, Wimbledon, SW19 4ED
See our calendar here
Group co-ordinator: Dr Noelle Blake
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist. I qualified in Ireland and worked for six years in Adult Mental Health services in Ireland and the UK. I developed an interest in acquired brain injury and neurological conditions at an early stage of my career, partly through the rewards of working with people with brain injury but also because of personal family experience. Between 1990 and 2014 I worked as a Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist in Sutton, Wandsworth and Croydon, primarily working in Community Neurorehabilitation and Assessment services. I enjoy working with groups and sharing knowledge and rehabilitation skills that help people feel more in control of their lives and optimistic about making positive changes.
In February 2014 I left my role in the NHS to work independently. Since then I have worked in independent practice as a clinical neuropsychologist. I also work as a tutor at the University of Surrey. I live in South London with my husband and energetic Irish Red Setter dog. I have two grown up daughters. In my spare time I enjoy yoga, singing, going to the cinema and theatre and shopping with my daughters.
Topics for 2019 (may be subject to change):
- January: Topics and plans for 2019
- February: Discussion over prognosis and recent experiences
- March: ‘Neuroplasticity: how the brain adapts in response to brain injury’ (presentation from one of our service users)
- April: ‘Wheels for wellbeing’ (presentation from Isabelle Clements)
- May: ‘Experience of supporting people with disability back into work’ (presentation from one of our service users)
- June: ‘Writing for Wellbeing’ (presentation from Heather Shakespeare)
- July: Feedback from Headway conference
- August: *No Group*
- November: How can we stop anger getting the better of us?
- December: Christmas Party at The Old Frizzle (74-78 The Broadway, Wimbledon, London SW19 1RQ)
Topics in 2018:
- May: Mindfulness and how to use these ideas in everyday life
- June: HSWL and forthcoming events
- July: How is brain injury understood by Government and media?
- August: no group
- September: ‘Arts in Mind’ presentation (outside speakers)
- October: Election of the group representative
- November: Quiz night
- December: Christmas activities
- Nearest station – Wimbledon (District Line, Mainline Rail, Croydon Tramlink)