We meet on the fourth Thursday of every month, 7:30pm to 9pm, at Moore Blatch Solicitors, 2 The Green, Richmond TW9 1PL.
Group co-ordinator: Laura Slader
I started working as a facilitator for Richmond Group in 2015 when the group began. I look forward to the monthly meetings as it brings together such interesting and inspiring individuals who are living with their brain injuries. Often people attend with their partners or family members and the group is incredibly supportive. Everyone is happy to share information, offer advice or just listen, and find comfort from the stories shared.
I am a neurological specialist occupational therapist and work both in private practise, charitable services, and do some contract work with the NHS at St Georges Hospital, Tooting. I predominantly assess and treat individuals who have sustained head injuries and are returned to their homes from hospital and require rehabilitation in their homes.
I live locally and have 3 children who are all at local schools. I love being near Richmond Park and Bushy Park and can often be found on my bike enjoying the outside life. I also love yoga and practise mindfulness to help me manage my busy life.
Topics for 2018 (may be subject to change):
- January: ‘New Year and New Resolutions’ – Goals: what are they?
- February: Memory
- March: Freebies and Perks!
- April: Sleep hygiene and fatigue management
- May: Mindfulness
- June: Post-traumatic growth (presentation)
- July: Discuss and share books, films, articles, and podcasts that have inspired and helped you on your brain injury journey
- August: no group
- September: ‘Music therapy – how does this support brain injury rehabilitation?’ (outside speakers, and Chris Brunker)
- October: Work/vocation/benefits
- November: Music therapy (Nordoff Robbins Charity)
- December: Party!!
- Nearest station – Richmond (District Line, Mainline Rail)
- Parking is available at this venue