We meet on:
The fourth Thursday of every month, 7:30pm to 9pm
Moore Blatch Solicitors, 2 The Green, Richmond TW9 1PL
See our calendar here
Group co-ordinator: Laura Slader
I started working as a facilitator for Richmond Group in 2015 when the group began. I look forward to the monthly meetings as it brings together such interesting and inspiring individuals who are living with their brain injuries. Often people attend with their partners or family members and the group is incredibly supportive. Everyone is happy to share information, offer advice or just listen, and find comfort from the stories shared.
I am a neurological specialist occupational therapist and work both in private practise, charitable services, and do some contract work with the NHS at St Georges Hospital, Tooting. I predominantly assess and treat individuals who have sustained head injuries and are returned to their homes from hospital and require rehabilitation in their homes.
I live locally and have 3 children who are all at local schools. I love being near Richmond Park and Bushy Park and can often be found on my bike enjoying the outside life. I also love yoga and practise mindfulness to help me manage my busy life.
Topics for 2019 (may be subject to change):
- January: (to be confirmed)
- February: (to be confirmed)
Topics in 2018:
- January: ‘New Year and New Resolutions’ – Goals: what are they?
- February: Memory
- March: Freebies and Perks!
- April: Sleep hygiene and fatigue management
- May: Mindfulness
- June: Post-traumatic growth (presentation)
- July: Discuss and share books, films, articles, and podcasts that have inspired and helped you on your brain injury journey
- August: no group
- September: ‘Music therapy – how does this support brain injury rehabilitation?’ (outside speakers, and Chris Brunker)
- October: Pub Quiz at The Marlborough
- November: Work – what job have you had, are you doing now, and what would you like to do in the future? Come to Richmond’s group and share your experiences of finding work since your brain injury or how you’ve been supported in your work with your brain injury.
- December: no group
- Nearest station – Richmond (District Line, Mainline Rail)
- Parking is available at this venue