We meet on:
**CANCELLED until further notice**
The fourth Thursday of every month, 7:30pm to 9pm
Richmond Library Annexe (Ground Floor), Quadrant Road, TW9 1DH
See our calendar here
Group co-ordinator: Laura Slader
I started working as a facilitator for Richmond Group in 2015 when the group began. I look forward to the monthly meetings as it brings together such interesting and inspiring individuals who are living with their brain injuries. Often people attend with their partners or family members and the group is incredibly supportive. Everyone is happy to share information, offer advice or just listen, and find comfort from the stories shared.
I am a neurological specialist occupational therapist and work both in private practise, charitable services, and do some contract work with the NHS at St Georges Hospital, Tooting. I predominantly assess and treat individuals who have sustained head injuries and are returned to their homes from hospital and require rehabilitation in their homes.
I live locally and have 3 children who are all at local schools. I love being near Richmond Park and Bushy Park and can often be found on my bike enjoying the outside life. I also love yoga and practise mindfulness to help me manage my busy life.
Topics for 2020 (may be subject to change)
- February: .
- **CANCELLED until further notice**
Topics for 2019
- January: New years resolutions and goals for the year
- February: The 10-year challenge (led by Paula Murphy)
- March: Managing Change…how to manage our emotions and be positive in our approach
- April: Discussion on BA magic and preparation for next session on CBT
- May: CBT – what is it? Is it useful? Would I benefit? (Outside speaker)
- June: Vestibular physiotherapy after brain injury (Outside speaker)
- July: *Cancelled due to weather conditions*
- August: *No Group*
- September: The grieving cycle
- October: What happens now? – what happens when you leave hospital and how do you manage the community and access the services you need as you start to understand yourself following your diagnosis. The challenges of rehabilitation and services signposting
- November: How relationships change after a brain injury – partners, children, friends and employers
- December: *NO GROUP* (next group on January 23rd)
- Nearest station – Richmond (District Line, Mainline Rail)